We post about
- Freelance writers
- Academic help
- Essay writing
- Plagiarism issues
- Academic integrity
Checked writing services
How To Do A Thesis Statement For A Research Paper Without A Hitch
Improve in your research paper. It takes your topic and predicts how it will be developed by the time you reach the end of your research paper. Your thesis statement can be a question about the topic but not a question. If you are confused I will explain it, a thesis is usually a question that you want to answer on your topic but you can’t have a question for your thesis statement. So you want to write your thesis question down and then turn that into a statement. Let’s say your topic is on dogs and you want to do research on whether a German Shepard is a better dog than a Jack Russell Terrier. Your statement would look something like this: German Shepard’s are more obedient and more temperamental than Jack Russell Terriers. This is one way to write your thesis statement but that is what it is a statement not a question.
How To Write A Thesis Statement For Your Research Paper
- Thesis statements can be more than one sentence but when you are starting to write yours, you should start with just one sentence. Keeping it simple will help you get the sentence written out and then you can elaborate on it later.
- Like I explained, your thesis can answer a question. Think of the main question you want to answer in your research paper. Write that question down and answer it. This answer can be the beginning or your actual thesis statement.
- Make sure that your thesis statement’s focus is on a specific topic. For example if you are doing your research paper on film, you can narrow that down to horror films and then to Halloween and then down to whether the original or the remake was better and so on. Having a specific topic to work with for your thesis statement makes writing it easier and helps minimize your research as well.
- Remember that your thesis statement can be flexible, once you start your research; there is a good chance that your thesis will change. After finding out new information can take your research paper in a whole different direction.
- Don’t use first person in your thesis statement. You teacher already knows that it is your paper, you don’t need to tell them I’m going to or I hope to prove to get your point across.