We post about
- Freelance writers
- Academic help
- Essay writing
- Plagiarism issues
- Academic integrity
Checked writing services
How to write references for a research paper?
General guidelines to remember for referencing your research paper –
- Reference list must appear last on the paper. It provides information about the sources used in research paper by means of citation.
- It should begin on a new page. The title ‘References’ to be centred at the top of the page.
- Text must be double spaced and references cited in 2 to 3 lines length need to be indented from the second line onwards, by 1 ½ inches from the margin.
- Reference entries must be on alphabetical order. For two articles by the same author, order it by earliest to most recent article.
- Present full journal title and capitalise major words in journal title.
- For referencing book capitalize only first word of title followed by its subtitle.
- Italicise title of longer works such as books and journals and avoid italicising the title of shorter works.
- For in-text citation (first name of author, page number) for short works and (first name of author, year of publication) for long works.
For referencing as per APA guidelines –
- Start references in new page and center the title ‘ References’ and list out the entries in alphabetical order
- Do not underline or italicise the title.
- Double space the entries
- Every source mentioned in paper should have an entry
- Begin with author name in reverse order, (followed by year of publication), Title of the book authored, name of the publishing house/ journal in italics, followed by volume/(issue number/edition), and lastly the page number
- Chicago Referencing style
- MLA Referencing style
- Harvard Referencing style
- Turabion referencing style
Bibliography must present authors first name and second name in regular name order, followed by title in italics: subtitle(place of publication: name of publishing agency, year of publication), Page number of citation. Mention the title in caps and centre it. WORKS CITED or SOURCES CONSULTED must be in caps and leave two blank lines after it. Every entry is single spaced with a blank line between entries. First line is at left margin and second or run over lines are to be indented. For more than one author first authors name in reverse order but rest of the authors in proper order.
Work Cited is centrally aligned. All citations are followed by marker ‘print’ after the citation. Reference it in a new page. It does not need URL’s instead you must write Web before date of access in entry. First name in reverse order, book name in italics: place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication followed by print.
Authors surname, first name, (year of publication), titles(italics or underlined), publisher, place of publication.
For a thesis, the format follows the order of Author last name, first name, year of submission, title, degree, institutions name and location.
For article the format order is Author last name, first name, (year of publication), title, name of periodical, volume no., issue no., page no.
It follows the following order Author name in reverse order,”title”, publisher name in italics, vol/edition, (Date of publication) page number and reference continued on the same page.